These policies were last updated January 29, 2023.
- Website Purchases
Agreement to Policies
IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOU THEN YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM USING THE SITE AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY:
- You do not agree with all of these policies;
- You are under 18;
- Distribution or use of our Site material is contrary to law in your jurisdiction or country;
- Distribution of use of our Site material would subject us to any registration requirement within any jurisdiction or country;
- Your interactions with our Site require HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliance or Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliance. Our Site is not built to comply with these industry-specific regulations.
Changes To This Policy
These policies are effective as of the date listed at the top of this page. ReSprout may make changes to these policies from time to time. If we do, we will notify you by updating this date, or in some cases, by also adding a notification to our homepage or sending an email.
If you have any questions about these policies, please contact April Zubko at april @ zubkomedia.com. Written requests or questions may be mailed to the following address:
Zubko Media LLC
218 Park Ave S, #514714
New York, New York 10003-1502
United States of America
ReSprout publishes original content on our website. All text, images, graphics, software, digital and physical products, videos, computer code and other content on this Site are the copyrighted property of ReSprout, unless otherwise credited.
ReSprout believes in the spirit of Fair Use. We agree that the ability to speak about and freely reference copyrighted material is a tenet of free speech, contributes to a more educated and democratic society, and benefits the copyright holder by increasing awareness of the material. As such, in keeping with developing Fair Use law and legislation as it applies to internet publishing, we allow and support the following promotional practices without permission:
- Republishing of one (1) photo from our Site onto a site or social media channel with use of our name and a link back to our Site(s). Please note that more than one photo from the same article is not permitted.
- Embed of a full video from our Site onto a site or social media channel with use of our name and a link back to our Site(s).
- Properly attributed quotations or paraphrasing from our Site onto a site or social media channel with use of our name and a link back to our Site(s)
While you are not required to notify of us your usage, we would love to hear about it and get to know you, your brand, and how we helped your audience.
No part of this Site, in whole or in part, may be copied, reproduced, republished, or distributed without express written consent of the Zubko Media, LLC, the copyright holder. The following forms of content republishing are just a few examples of what ReSprout considers as copyright infringement:
- “Scraping” – We do not allow content syndication, content “scraping”, iframes, reprinting, or otherwise re-posting in whole, or in part, content from this Site onto another site, feed, app, social media site, printed publication, or other location outside of a ReSprout-operated Site or media channel.
- Text Plagiarism – We consider more than five duplicate consecutive words copied from our Site without proper attribution to be “content reposting” and thus, copyright infringement, regardless of writer motive, intent, linking, or financial remuneration. If you are a writer, please write your own quality original material. If you are a content editor, please use quality copyright detection tools to police your site’s content and writers. If you would like to promote or link to our content, please follow our Fair Use guidelines.
- Video clips – We do not allow our videos, in whole or or in part, to be used within other videos. We do not allow sections (“clips” or “shots”) from our videos to be used outside of our Site without the context of the full video. If you would like to use a shot from one of our videos, please contact us about licensing or consider embedding the full video in your site (see Fair Use).
- Digital Products – We do not allow our digital products to be altered, resold, repackaged or otherwise redistributed without our knowledge. If you would like to do so, please contact us for permission.
- Stock images – We do not allow our photos, videos, screenshots, graphics, imagery, logo, illustrations or other copyrighted visuals to be used as clipart or stock photography for any informational, illustrative, advertising, or promotional purposes, unless compensation and licensing details are agreed upon by both parties prior to usage.
ReSprout takes copyright seriously. We believe in the value of high-quality original content and respect others that create the same. If you believe that your own content has been referenced without appropriate credit, please contact us and we will make all efforts to redress the oversight immediately.
ReSprout’s website and related social media accounts may contain links to other websites. Although we use all editorial diligence when linking other sites and business, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of information found at any linked site. Links to or from external sites not owned or controlled by ReSprout do not constitute an endorsement by ReSprout or any of its employees of the sponsors of these sites or the products or information presented therein.
Affiliate Program Participation
ReSprout is dedicated to helping you create a more beautiful and efficient garden. As part of creating content for our audience, we sometimes include links to products and services that we think will allow our readers to do just that.
Rest assured that we link only to products and services that we have used ourselves, trust, or believe to be valuable, regardless of affiliate partnership or sponsorship arrangements. Our reviews are un-biased.
We participate in the Amazon Associates, Rakuten, Share A Sale, Sovrn, and Awin affiliate programs. We may receive a small commission if you buy something through one of our product links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Refunds & Returns
We want you to be happy with anything you purchase from the ReSprout store. If you are unhappy and there is a way we can make your purchase right, please contact us or use the tech support request feature on the product you purchased.
You are welcome to return anything that was purchased from ReSprout—including digital and physical items, both new and sale. Although there is no set time limit, we ask returns and/or requests for refunds be made in a timely manner and that physical items be kept in new condition with tags attached. Returns received more than one year after the purchase date will be refunded with a ReSprout store credit. While we will make all efforts to locate your order information in our system, if we cannot do so, a receipt will be required to process a refund, credit or return.
ReSprout partners with Amazon Associates, Rakuten, Share A Sale, Sovrn, and Awin to recommend products and services these affiliate programs provide. To do this, we use customized links so that the programs knows the website traffic is coming from our site. When you click on one of these special links, a small text file called a “cookie” will be stored on your browser to track any purchases for the purpose of figuring commissions.
We do not have control over cookies from our affiliates and we do not collect or store any personal information you may give to our affiliates, such as purchase data. For questions about how each of our affiliates handles privacy, please see these policies:
Comments & Product Reviews
When visitors leave comments on our site we collect the data requested in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help detect spam.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
ReSprout follows all FTC regulations and supports the CAN-SPAM act. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any point by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a mass communication email.
Unsubscribing will not affect “transactional” emails, which are triggered when you interact with our website. Examples of “transactional” emails might be a password reset email (triggered by your “lost password” request), or a receipt email (triggered by your order).
We do not sell, rent, trade or distribute email lists to third parties unless legally required.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited that other website.
ReSprout currently embeds content from YouTube. For questions about how these content partners handle privacy, please see their privacy policies:
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can contact us to request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.