Zubko Media, the parent company of ReSprout, is a New York-based media agency focused on helping non-profits and small businesses with their website, social media, and marketing strategy. Our goal is to bring more donors and customers to our clients through educational, entertaining, and actionable content. Our clients come from a variety of industries including landscaping, construction, medical, non-profit, and the education industries.
We are a small all-remote team that values excellence, laughter, nerdiness, and inspiring others. If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to join us!
Who You Are
- You are based in the U.S. and speak English natively.
- You are detail-oriented and thorough. You are the fact-checker and double-checker.
- You are a grammar and punctuation nerd and have an opinion on the Oxford comma.
- You are always looking to make a 1% improvement and learn new things.
- You get fired up by challenges and deadlines.
- You think outside the box.
- You make obstacles into opportunities.
- You look for solutions, not excuses. You are willing to do what it takes.
- You are kind, constructive, positive and enthusiastic.
- You have a sense of humor. Because when all else fails, sometimes all you can do is laugh.
- Writing in a variety of formats and different platforms including blogs, web pages, social media campaigns (Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, Twitter), e-newsletters, e-commerce product descriptions and tutorials.
- Increasing organic traffic to our clients’ content and e-commerce platforms.
- Generating topic ideas based on traffic goals, seasonality, social media and online trends, community feedback, and keyword research.
- Outlining articles using keyword analysis, existing website content, editorial briefs, traffic objectives and search engine optimization best practices.
- Writing in an educational, approachable, friendly style without fluff, plagiarism, or AI-assistance.
- Researching and identifying qualified editorial sources and crediting those sources.
- Understanding and translating technical material into entertaining and actionable content for the general public.
- Editing and/or reformatting written content for other platforms (for instance a blog into a Instagram post).
- Meeting deadlines.
- Posting and scheduling written content using basic HTML links and social tags to a variety of platforms (project management software, Google Docs, WordPress, social media platforms).
- Monitoring and making timely updates to project management software with content statuses, edits, and feedback.
- Offering feedback on and updating style guides.
- Sourcing photos and/or video to demonstrate written content (by using in-house media database, coordinating with other team members, locating stock photos, embeddable YouTube video, or creating original paid photos or videos)
- Attending regular team meetings via Zoom
- $0.07-$0.10 per word depending on topic, task, and experience
- Paid photo and video opportunities, optional
- Performance bonuses for hitting traffic and click targets
- Additional flat-rate opportunities for special content projects
- Monthly continuing education credit
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below. In the cover letter:
- Introduce yourself
- If you are also applying for our Garden Writer position, please indicate that and speak to those points as well.
- Tell us about your writing experience. How did you get into writing? What are your favorite writing tools? Have you held other writing positions and what did they entail? What is your favorite type of thing to write? Explain your experience with the formats we write in.
- If you have specific experience in the non-profit, medical, health, construction, landscaping, or education industries, tell us about it.
In the form below or in your cover letter, please include:
- Your resumé
- A minimum of two samples of something you’ve written, bonus points if it is one of the industries and/or writing formats that we write in.
All applications will be acknowledged with an automatic response. Candidates who pass this first round will be contacted with a further survey and the third round will be a Zoom interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!